Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Micael Padraig Og mac Grene <ca...@harbornet.com> on 2002/02/03 17:29:44 UTC

Re: Can multiple URLs with a single IP address be mapped to discrete Applications in Tomcat 4.0?

Thanks, Pete.  I assume that you are saying that you map the request to
differing ports?  E.g. 192.168.x.x.:8080 for one and 192.168.x.x.:8081 for
another?  If you are not saying that but are saying that it is multiple IP
addresses, i.e. the xs change, that is not my problem.  My problem is with
using a single IP.  I assume you know that, but am just covering the
bases.  I would much prefer an Apache or Tomcat solution and assume there
will be one.  If I get an answer, want me to forward it to you?  (I will
either get an answer or build one!)  Micael

Posted by pete <pe...@claudia.dyn.dhs.org>.
Micael,

the SQUID solution lets you do it any way you like - you could map:

http://my.external.domain/MyFirstApp to http://192.168.0.1/MyFirstApp/

and:

http://my.external.domain/MySecondApp to http://192.168.0.1/MySecondApp/

and:

http://my.external.domain/MySecondApp/images to http://192.168.0.1:8080/

and http://my.external.domain/MyThirdApp to http://192.168.0.2:8080/MyApp/

(* You may have session/cookie/url problems with this example because of
non-matching 'directory' names - MyThirdApp != MyApp)

Or anything else you like. Its completely arbitary.

The drawbacks are as I mentioned, with regard to cookies, sessions and
relative URLs.

My situation is that i have 5 or so web servers internally, and only two
or so domains, and only one external IP. All of my external domains are
pointed at my single external IP, and SQUID handles the rest so
http://my.external.domain/FirstApp/ is directed to an entirely different
internal machine that http://my.external.domain/MySecondApp/ or
http://my.external.domain/MyThirdApp/

Email me privately if you want more details on the setup

mod_jk+tomcat-4.0

Posted by Ilic Aleksandar <fl...@gavrilo.elfak.ni.ac.yu>.
I have tried with mod_jk to set up apache to serve static context from
tomcat. And I am getting problem with it . I
wrote some JSPs thatt have to check wether client have cookies and
javascript enabled. When I am accessing to that app through tomcat, it's
working ffine, but when I am try that through apache I got error that
cookies are disabled!!!

I just loaded mod_jk into apache and put
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13 into apache and enabled ajp13 conenctor in Tomcat. I
am getting no error:(