Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Herve AGNOUX <he...@diaam-informatique.com> on 2005/07/04 10:26:37 UTC

[m2] dependency outside the repository

Hi,

How I specify a jar dependency outside the repository with maven 2 ?

Whith Maven 1, for a jar outside the repository, I write in the project.xml :

        <dependency>
            <id>jms</id>
        </dependency>

... and in the build.properties :

maven.jar.override=on
maven.jar.jms=/home/user/java/paquages/jms1.0.2/lib/jms.jar

I should want the same with maven 2.

Thanks.

--
SARL diaam informatique - 04 77 25 43 28
Ingenierie, développements de systèmes d'information

Re: [m2] dependency outside the repository

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Herve AGNOUX wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How I specify a jar dependency outside the repository with maven 2 ?
>
> Whith Maven 1, for a jar outside the repository, I write in the project.xml :
>
>         <dependency>
>             <id>jms</id>
>         </dependency>
>
> ... and in the build.properties :
>
> maven.jar.override=on
> maven.jar.jms=/home/user/java/paquages/jms1.0.2/lib/jms.jar
>
> I should want the same with maven 2.

In m2, this feature isn't supported. You need to put your jar in your
local repository or create your own repository for share this jar
between all your team.

Emmanuel