Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by "Duncan, Terry" <Te...@53.com> on 2008/04/02 22:41:23 UTC

Wiki Question

I am currently working on a project to move our Wiki to "Production" and
will be using a different IP and port for TOMCAT

I found in the jspwiki.properties file where IP and PORT is
specfied.....

But.... I notice that our existing TOMCAT/Wiki is using 4 ports......

Where would those other 3 be specified ?

Terry Duncan
Senior Systems Programmer
z/OS Systems Programming
Phone: (513) 534-7014
Fax:      (513) 534-6077
Email: mailto:Terry.Duncan@53.com

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.

Re: Wiki Question

Posted by Dave Wolf <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Terry,

The information that Hassan and Andrew have provided is standard Apache
Tomcat configuration. You might want to check out the documentation about
your specific version of Tomcat (http://tomcat.apache.org/).

Regards,

Dave

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 7:59 AM, Duncan, Terry <Te...@53.com> wrote:

> Thanks...
>
> We are running JSPWiki on the mainframe (via Tomcat)....
>
> Can you point me to any documentation on the port setup ?  How would I
> have known what you sent me ?
>
> Terry

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Re: Wiki Question

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that's us, and I also think Rob Schramm runs JSPWiki on z/OS, but not
sure if it's in Tomcat or WebSphere.

Anyway, there is actually no difference between running tomcat on Unix or
z/OS, except the default codepage which is EBCDIC instead of ASCII.
I don't know how you have arranged it, but we have everything in ASCII in
the filesystem, except the shell scripts.
Now, the problem is that all standard Unix commands on z/OS assume
everything is EBCDIC, cat, vi , more and so on.
The general answer to that is filetagging, you can tag a file or a complete
filesystem with a codepage, and if you have set the environment variable
__BPXK_AUTOCVT=ON, this will cause all commands to treat these tagged files
as ASCII files.

If this is too cumbersome, you can always binary ftp it to your PC and look
at the file. Do a search for "<Connector"  and you should find the mentioned
ports.

regards,
Harry

--
met vriendelijke groet,
Harry Metske

RE: Wiki Question

Posted by "Duncan, Terry" <Te...@53.com>.
Great... Thanks Florian !

Re: Wiki Question

Posted by Florian Holeczek <fl...@holeczek.de>.
Hallo Terry,

RE: Wiki Question

Posted by "Duncan, Terry" <Te...@53.com>.
Thanks guys......

I've been poking around the following websites:
	www.jspwiki.org
	tomcat.apache.org

And have found some useful stuff.

I further poked and found documentation regarding TOMCAT on z/OS which I
understand is fairly new and we may be one of the few places doing it ??

I found that on: www.dovetail.com

Thanks again guys !

Terry

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@webtuitive.com>.