Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Jim Alateras <ji...@intalio.com> on 2002/06/18 06:09:28 UTC

LDAP + Slide

Hi,

I am currently using Tomcat 4.0.1 with Slide 1.0.16 and am interested in
doing all authentication and authorization through the IPlanet LDAP
Directory Server. I can configure Tomcat to successfully work with my LDAP
server by extending  the JNDIRealm but I assume there is more I need to do.

Now the question is can use Tomcat+Slide to authenticate against the
information in the LDAP Server rather than the information specified in the
Domain.xml file. There does not seems to be a definitive answer in the Slide
mail archive.

cheers
</jima>