Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by dranzer_duch <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/09 11:33:37 UTC

Tab Pane

Hi, I have this bxml file as follows:

Now when I try to render this, i get this error:

Caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at
[row,col]:[7,86]
Message:
http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xml-names-19990114#ElementPrefixUnbound?content&content:ButtonData
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLStreamReaderImpl.next(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.pivot.beans.BXMLSerializer.readObject(BXMLSerializer.java:421)

When, I remove the 'content' tag, i get a tabpane, with obviously no text or
icon in it...

I want that icon and text part of each tab to work..

Any insights, as to why this is happening??

-----
Aakanksha

Re: Tab Pane

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
I would recommend reading that BXML Primer document to anyone who has gone
beyond playing with the provided examples, is beginning to develop their own
Pivot apps  using BXML (or more specifically UIs).

It explains things such as the relationship between java packages and
namespaces, the use of upper and lowercase characters in element names and
some useful tips and tricks.

I think it will probably save you time in the long run.

Chris

Re: Tab Pane

Posted by dranzer_duch <al...@gmail.com>.
Cool thanks!! works good! ;)

Re: Tab Pane

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
You are using a namespace of 'content' but haven't defined it in your BXML
file.
http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/bxml-primer.html

Try this

<Window title="VMware vCenter Installer" preferredWidth="692"
preferredHeight="515"
xmlns:bxml="http://pivot.apache.org/bxml"
xmlns="org.apache.pivot.wtk"
xmlns:content="org.apache.pivot.wtk.content">

Chris

Re: Tab Pane

Re: Tab Pane

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
I don't see an attachment on any BXML in your email.

Have a look at this tutorial and ensure that you have namespace defined.
(Note that the root node has this...
 xmlns:content="org.apache.pivot.wtk.content")
http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/tab-panes.html

Chris