Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Brown, James" <ja...@ca.unisys.com> on 2004/08/19 17:22:11 UTC

Validation mask ranges

We are in a bind so I reposting under a different topic.  Sorry, but ...

We are trying to limit user input to the following ranges in ISO-8859-1:
  32-126
  160-255

As well as characters 9, 10 and 13.

We have tried various things but have run into problems with the #&"'
characters, plus it is a large mask.

Along the lines of "^[A-Za-z]*" is there a means to enter character
ranges for a mask in struts validation?

-- James

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: Validation mask ranges

Posted by Erik Weber <er...@mindspring.com>.
Not sure, but if you run out of time, write your own pluggable validator
for those fields. See the Struts docs, or the example on Matt Raible's
site for a "twofields" pluggable validator. It's easy.

Erik