Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Harry Putnam <re...@newsguy.com> on 2009/10/10 02:07:08 UTC

about repo size and commit co operations

Just getting stared...

The repo will end up a bit over 7 GB or at least the /tmp/proj
weighs in at that.

My experience has been with cvs and not very rounded there either.
Just  personal use.

My big time cvs repo weighs in at 32 MB... so the subversion repo is
orders of magnitude larger.

I wondered if the size will have an appreciable effect on commits and
checkouts far as taking longer?

Re: about repo size and commit co operations

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Oct 9, 2009, at 21:07, Harry Putnam wrote:

> The repo will end up a bit over 7 GB or at least the /tmp/proj
> weighs in at that.

> I wondered if the size will have an appreciable effect on commits and
> checkouts far as taking longer?

I don't think you need to worry about the size of the repository. I
suggest you try it out and see, but it should work fine.