Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Peter Beardsley <pb...@appropriatesolutions.com> on 2002/03/08 23:02:47 UTC

Apache, mod_dav and mime types

I want to use mod_dav to access my html/script files, and for the most part
it works, but I'm having one slight irritation.  When I access the files
through mod_dav, the files with <!-- #include file= > server-side includes
get expanded by apache.  In order to stop this, I thought the AddType
directive might work:

   <Directory /var/www/htdocs/foo>
       DAV On
       Authname "foo"
       Authtype Basic
       AuthUserFile /var/www/htdocs/foo/.htaccess
       Require valid-user
       AddType text/plain .asp
       AddType text/plain .html
    </Directory>

But it has no effect-- the includes are still expanded.  Does anyone have
any idea how to achieve this?

Peter Beardsley
Appropriate Solutions, Inc.
pbeardsley[AT]appropriatesolutions.com

Re: Apache, mod_dav and mime types

Posted by Daniel Lopez <da...@rawbyte.com>.
Try

>    <Directory /var/www/htdocs/foo>
>        DAV On
>        Authname "foo"
>        Authtype Basic

         Options -Includes

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

> From: Peter Beardsley [mailto:pbeardsley@appropriatesolutions.com]

> But it has no effect-- the includes are still expanded.  Does anyone have
> any idea how to achieve this?

You need to specify the Apache version and how you configured includes.
This changed between 1.3 and 2.0.

Joshua.