Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2014/05/02 19:14:02 UTC

[DRAFT] Installer 3.0 Announcement

Hi,

I'll send this out after the 4.12.1 announcement.

-- start draft announcement --

The Apache Flex community is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Flex SDK Installer 3.0

Apache Flex is a highly productive, open source application framework for
building and maintaining expressive applications that deploy consistently
on all major browsers, desktops and devices (including smartphones,
tablets and tv).

Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.0 is an update to Apache Flex SDK Installer
2.7.
It provides the ability to install other SDKs like the FlexJS SDK.

Apache Flex SDK Installer is available in source form from the following
download page:
http://flex.apache.org/download-source.html

Executables for Windows and Mac are available here:
http://flex.apache.org/installer.html

Executables for Linux are no longer provided as all recent Flex and FlexJS
SDKs can be installed by running the installer.xml Ant script in the
release packages.

When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the
downloads using signatures or MD5 hashes.

For more information on Apache Flex, visit the project home page:
http://flex.apache.org

Thank you for using Apache Flex,
The Apache Flex Community

-- end draft announcement --

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: [DRAFT] Installer 3.0 Announcement

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

http://flex.apache.org/installer/sdk-installer-config-4.0.xml

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
What is the absolute url of the installer config xml?  That needs to be
hardcoded into the badge swf.  If you give me that, I can prep a new swf
for the badge.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 2:42 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 5/6/14 2:38 PM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >We could use this opportunity to piggyback all the great new stuff we have
> >been pushing out (FlexJS, Falcon, FlexUnit, Flex 4.12.1)
> >
> >The last PR we did (I think for Installer 2.0 and a related SDK release)
> >got us a lot of attention.
> I'm ok with doing that too.  Do you want to draft it?

Unfortunately, I wont have the time to do it.  It would be better if
someone else took it up.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
BTW, since this is a major release, we get to do a press release via ASF's
press machine.  Do we want to use the same announcement for the PR as well?

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I'm ready if you are.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.