Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by 金剑 <ji...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/05 04:00:06 UTC

Is there a way to update column's TTL only?

Hi,

We would like to leverage Cassandra's expiration to manage our data's
lifecycle. We need to: Delete data after a period, like: 1 hour , when user
clicked the "Delete" button.

We need to read and insert the column in order to update the TTL, but this
is unacceptable in our system that might need to readout gigabytes of data.

Is there a way to do this?

Best Regards!

Jian Jin

Re: Is there a way to update column's TTL only?

Posted by 金剑 <ji...@gmail.com>.
We do not have a central point to do such work yet, but it seems this is
only way to do it a little bit more efficiently. Thanks.

Best Regards!

Jian Jin

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.