Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "David Alexandre M. de Carvalho" <da...@di.ubi.pt> on 2014/06/12 13:31:39 UTC

No new rules since April 19th?

Hello! I'm using Spamassassin 3.3.1-2 on two of my servers.
Recently I've noticed that there haven't been updates on both channels I use (updates.spamassassin.org and
sough.rules.yerp.org).
Does this mean that there won't be any more updates for version 3.3.1-2?
Thanks and regards!
David

Re: No new rules since April 19th?

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 12:31:39 +0100 (WEST)
David Alexandre M. de Carvalho wrote:

> Hello! I'm using Spamassassin 3.3.1-2 on two of my servers.
> Recently I've noticed that there haven't been updates on both
> channels I use (updates.spamassassin.org and sough.rules.yerp.org).
> Does this mean that there won't be any more updates for version
> 3.3.1-2?

Nothing's had an update for updates.spamassassin.org since that date.

Re: No new rules since April 19th?

Posted by Nate Metheny <na...@santafe.edu>.
On 6/12/14, 5:31 AM, David Alexandre M. de Carvalho wrote:

> Hello! I'm using Spamassassin 3.3.1-2 on two of my servers.
> Recently I've noticed that there haven't been updates on both channels I use (updates.spamassassin.org and
> sough.rules.yerp.org).
> Does this mean that there won't be any more updates for version 3.3.1-2?
> Thanks and regards!
> David

David;

I apologize for responding to you personally with my previous reply.

There was an email thread earlier that said the machine that was
handling updates.spamassassin.org was having issues and those issues
have yet to be resolved, so the updates channel is out of date.

I think people are just doing the custom rule thing until that situation
is resolved.

Hope this helps, and if there's any other information on this, I'm sure
people will chime in and correct me / add to my explanation.

--
| Nate Metheny             IT Group Leader |