Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Sylvain Vieujot <sv...@apache.org> on 2005/05/04 03:52:41 UTC

Fwd: [Myfaces-develop] New feature suggestion : Edit mode

Quite sometimes ago, we discussed on adding an editMode attribute the
meaningful x: components.
The explanation for this is in the forwarded email discussion bellow.

To summarize what it's about :
<x:inputText ... editMode="true"> renders as the standard input box
<x:inputText ... editMode="false"> renders as an x:outputText

I now need those features, and would like to implement them (have them
implemented).
So, I would like to check everyone still agrees with this.

Thanks,

Sylvain.

Subject: Re: [Myfaces-develop] New feature suggestion : Edit mode
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:51:39 -0400
One more precision :
I didn't dig into the role based access -- used in disabled for example
-- right now.
Maybe we have to think for one minute about the integration of this with
editMode.

As of now, I think it works well :
editMode == true => standard behavior
editMode == false => renders as output anyway.

But as I'm not sure I fully understand the MyFaces roles right now,
maybe I'm wrong or there is something smarter to do.

Sylvain.