Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Aram W. Mirzadeh" <aw...@qosina.com> on 1995/08/30 15:47:23 UTC

linux problem

Ahhh... I hate to break the discussion, and there is no point in
discusing when and how to release software if people can't use
it reliably.  Alot of the people who are using Apache are running
on Linux, and it seems that at least this platform is defenetly
has a serious bug in it.

After heavy load on a system, the system will stop responding
to requests a for an undeterminate period of time, and then
start backup again.  During this time, you'll get 'socket error'
errors in your syslog files whenever a request comes in.

If we don't get on this, and try to figure it out, it's no use making
the software if 1/3 the people who are going to use it can't?!

Just my $0.02.

<Aram>