Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org> on 2016/12/01 11:15:43 UTC

Oak 1.5.15 release plan

Hello team,

I'm planning to cut Oak 1.5.15 on Monday 5th December.

If there are any objections please let me know. Otherwise I will
re-schedule any non-resolved issue for the next iteration.

Angela, Manfred, is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-5200
really a blocker for 1.5.15? Or is it rather for 1.6? If it's for 1.5.15
how long for the fix to get done?

Thanks
Davide

Re: Oak 1.5.15 release plan

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Davide,

All blocking issue from my side are resolved now
Chetan Mehrotra

Re: Oak 1.5.15 release plan

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Davide,

Re: Oak 1.5.15 release plan

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
On 2016-12-01 12:15, Davide Giannella wrote:
> Hello team,
>
> I'm planning to cut Oak 1.5.15 on Monday 5th December.
>
> If there are any objections please let me know. Otherwise I will
> re-schedule any non-resolved issue for the next iteration.
>
> Angela, Manfred, is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-5200
> really a blocker for 1.5.15? Or is it rather for 1.6? If it's for 1.5.15
> how long for the fix to get done?

We'd like to get the switch to Jackrabbit 2.13.5 into this release - it
is scheduled for end of today (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-4070 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-5202).

Best regards, Julian

Re: Oak 1.5.15 release plan

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
Hi Manfred

I don't see how you can 'keep it' for the LDAP case. Please create
new Improvement ticket, such that we can look for a proper solution.

What you actually wanted to do but which IMO got never explicitly
mentioned due to mixing implementation details with the generic
sync-stuff:

"Ability to resolve principal name from ExternalIdentityRef without IDP
roundtrip"

IMO such an improvement would make sense for all cases not just for the
LDAP
integration. But I want to have that done properly and without hacks
and relying on implementation details of one particular impl for the
generic
code base.

Based on the experience we made here, I think it would make sense, to
get more reviews and feedback on changes for the mentioned modules.
Specially when API extensions are involved that are really cumbersome
to fix later on. In general I think this is a very good practise and
it may help spotting issues early in the cycle.

Kind regards
Angela

Re: Oak 1.5.15 release plan

Posted by Manfred Baedke <ma...@gmail.com>.