Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ian Clarke <ia...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/06 02:40:06 UTC

Excluding packages with maven assembly plugin

Hi, I'm using the jar-with-dependencies configuration with the
maven-assembly-plugin as follows:

  	<plugin>
        <configuration>
          <descriptorRefs>
            <descriptorRef>jar-with-dependencies</descriptorRef>
          </descriptorRefs>
          <archive>
            <manifest>
              <mainClass>com.uprizer.sensearray.Main</mainClass>
            </manifest>
          </archive>
        </configuration>
    </plugin>

It works fine, but I was wondering if there is a way to exclude
specific packages from the jar that this builds, and further, whether
this can be configured by passing options to the mvn assembly:assembly
command?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Ian.

Re: Excluding packages with maven assembly plugin

Posted by Ian Clarke <ia...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Ian Clarke <ia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It works fine, but I was wondering if there is a way to exclude
> specific packages from the jar that this builds, and further, whether
> this can be configured by passing options to the mvn assembly:assembly
> command?

I should clarify that by "packages" I am referring to particular
directories in my source folder.  So, for example - I'd like to be
able to say something like:

"build the jar, but exclude the package com.uprizer.prog.stuff, except
for com.uprizer.prog.stuff.otherstuff".

Ian.

--
Ian Clarke