Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "zhaoyi0113@gmail.com" <zh...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/10 04:25:49 UTC

About RESOURCE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED error

I created a queue and send messages to it. I will get this error in Producer
side when I send about 400M message. When I got this error, I will not be
able to send messages to this queue anymore. The consumer side has already
get this messages. Do the messages exist in the queue even though the
consumer has got them?

org.apache.qpid.transport.SessionException: ch=0 id=0
ExecutionException(errorCode=RESOURCE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED, commandId=1,
classCode=0, commandCode=0, fieldIndex=0,
description=resource-limit-exceeded: Policy exceeded on queue1, policy:
size: max=419430400, current=415347075; count: unlimited; type=reject
(qpid/broker/QueuePolicy.cpp:83), errorInfo={})

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: About RESOURCE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED error

Posted by "zhaoyi0113@gmail.com" <zh...@gmail.com>.
I am using config.xml file. Can I set the queue size in there?

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 09/15/2010 01:27 PM, zhaoyi0113@gmail.com wrote:

> How can I extend the queue size? If I send more than 4M bytes messages, I
> will get RESOURCE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED error. How can I extends this size?

The c++ broker allows the max-size/max-count to be set per queue (if
none are set it uses the default max-size, as specified by
default-queue-limit qpidd option). If you create the queue with
qpid-config you can set those values using command line switches.

Posted by "zhaoyi0113@gmail.com" <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 09/13/2010 03:59 AM, zhaoyi0113@gmail.com wrote:

> I use this tool to show the queue size like below. It shows the current size
> or the history size. It seems that it shows all messages size in history.
> How can I know its current size?
>
> Queues
>    queue                   dur  autoDel  excl  msg   msgIn  msgOut  bytes
> bytesIn  bytesOut  cons  bind
>
> =======================================================================================================
>    queue2                       Y        Y        0   300    300       0
> 1.26g    1.26g        1     2

The 'msg' column gives the current depth (and should be msgIn-msgOut).
In this case the queue was empty at the time you checked.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 09/10/2010 11:55 AM, zhaoyi0113@gmail.com wrote:
> I am using C++ broker and Java broker. I didn't find this tool. Could you
> let me know where I can get it or other method to get the information?

You can download them from the downloads page
http://qpid.apache.org/download.cgi, see link for "cmd line (packaged
with python)" i.e. qpid-python-0.6.tar.gz.

(They are also in subversion:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/tools from trunk)

I find these tools very useful when using the c++ broker.

Posted by "zhaoyi0113@gmail.com" <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Yes it is JMS.

I am using C++ broker and Java broker. I didn't find this tool. Could you
let me know where I can get it or other method to get the information?

Thanks,

Zhao Yi

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 09/10/2010 11:07 AM, zhaoyi0113@gmail.com wrote:
> My consumer has received the messages in its onMessage() method. Does this
> mean accept this message?

That's with JMS, right? If so yes, the library should then accept such
messages.

Do you have the python tools? If so what does qpid-stat -q show?

Posted by "zhaoyi0113@gmail.com" <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 09/10/2010 03:25 AM, zhaoyi0113@gmail.com wrote:

> I created a queue and send messages to it. I will get this error in Producer
> side when I send about 400M message. When I got this error, I will not be
> able to send messages to this queue anymore. The consumer side has already
> get this messages. Do the messages exist in the queue even though the
> consumer has got them?

The messages exist in the queue until the consumer acknowledges (i.e.
accepts) them (at which point they are dequeued). You can see the queue
depth either using qpid-tool or qpid-queue-stats.