Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joakim Verona <jo...@verona.se> on 2004/11/08 10:01:39 UTC

How to properly configure jython support?

Hello,

I have some trouble getting the jython block to wrok properly.

I've copied the jython.jar file to WEB-INF/lib as described on the
wiki. This makes the xsp samples and the scriipt samples that use
jython work.

For my own example, I need access to the "Lib" dir that comes with the
jython distro, that contains all the .py files, like "os" for
instance.

I dont know how to make cocoon find these files. I put this file into
tomcat5.conf:
JAVA_OPTS=" -Dpython.home=/net/builds/jython21/Jython-2.1 "

but it doesnt help. This doesnt seem to affect the sys.path property
in cocoon-jython. (the statement seems to have some sort of effect
though, because the error mesage changes)

If I copy the jython Lib dir to the cocoon-files dir in tomcats work
dir, it works.

Since this is obviously a kludge, my question is: How do I properly
get files to wind up in the cocoon-files directory?

Regards,
/Joakim