Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Amit Mokal <am...@yahoo.com> on 2002/01/18 05:33:44 UTC

Persistent connections using HTTP 1.1

I have a C++ client that I use to send multiple GET
requests using HTTP 1.1 to the Apache Server. Two
problems occur when I send multiple requests using the
same connection on the same client socket:
1. Some Requests are getting dropped off. (They dont
reach the Server)
2. After prolonged requests to the Server I am unable
to send anything for a while (4-5) secs. I do a select
call before sending and my file descriptor status
always returns ready to write.

Is there a limit on the number of requests I can make
per connection?

My httpd.conf parameters are:
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 0
KeepAliveTimeout 15

Everything works great if I close and open a new
connection on the same socket each time.

My configuration:
Platform: Solaris 2.8
Apache JServ 1.3.9

Has anyone played around with this? Any input would be
great.
Thanks,
Amit