Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Dimuthu Gamage <di...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/29 14:57:49 UTC

[axis2] current state of the WSDL2C codegen tool

Hi,
  This is just to update the progress of the WSDL2C codegen tool. I
completed almost all the utility functions required by the codegen
engine. Current source is uploaded to
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-198.

Now I m working on the most important part of the tool that is to the
complete the emitter. This is where the tool extract parameters from
WSDL and make the intermediate XML which would be passed with XSL
template to generate the final code. For that I should familiarize with
the WODEN/C API first. I think I can get help from tests and samples of
the Woden source.

Since I'm doing this as the Google summer of Code project, I m trying to
complete following features before the end of the  mid evaluation. (i.e.
5th may)
  -XML in/out model code generation
  -Simple extension to validate configurations
So as the first step I'm thinking of working on XML in XML out model
code generation only.

And very abstract diagram which describes the architecture of the tool
is attached here. It follows the same architecture of the Apache
Axis2Java WSDL2Java tool.

Regards
Dimuthu

Re: [axis2] current state of the WSDL2C codegen tool

Posted by Dimuthu Gamage <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
   Thank you for the comments.:) I still not started woring with woden
API. As you pointed out in the chat, I will study the headers and
woden/java user guide first. Anyway I will definitely need your help to
understand it.
Regards
Dimuthu

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dimuthu,
Dimuthu Gamage wrote:

> Hi,
>  This is just to update the progress of the WSDL2C codegen tool. I
> completed almost all the utility functions required by the codegen
> engine. Current source is uploaded to
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-198.
>
> Now I m working on the most important part of the tool that is to the
> complete the emitter. This is where the tool extract parameters from
> WSDL and make the intermediate XML which would be passed with XSL
> template to generate the final code. For that I should familiarize
> with the WODEN/C API first. I think I can get help from tests and
> samples of the Woden source.

And of course also from me :-) .
thanks
Damitha

Posted by Dimuthu Gamage <di...@gmail.com>.
HI
  Again thanks for the comment. The templates for the C code generation
doesnt check the SOAP style in XML in/out model. I feel it should be
handled by the user.

Regards
Dimuthu

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.