Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Alberto Massari <al...@exln.com> on 2002/04/29 18:20:38 UTC

Re: Call for Vote: which one to be the Xerces-C++ public supported W3C DOM interface

At 11.08 29/04/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Vote Question:
>============
>I would like to call for a vote:
>
>     ==>  Which INTERFACE should be the Xerces-C++ public supported W3C
> DOM Interface, DOM or IDOM? <===

I vote for IDOM.
I like:
- the speed
- the virtual interface that will allow plugging any custom DOM implementation.
But I fear that the fact that Xerces doesn't call the destructor for the
single nodes (but only releases the memory underneath it) can pose a big
limitation to the exploitation of the second advantage (because it will
force the developer to include data members allocated only through the
IDOM_Document::allocate function).

Alberto