Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Hyen V Chung <hy...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/02/08 04:19:21 UTC

[axis2] org.apache.axis2.engine.Threading test case failure

Has anyone seen this failure, not sure this is related to the security
failure in the FAQ?

    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 4.887 sec
    [junit] [ERROR] Test org.apache.axis2.engine.ThreadingTest FAILED

Thanks,
Henry

Re: [axis2] org.apache.axis2.engine.Threading test case failure

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Can you please run maven clean war, and forward me the test reports of
failed tests. Test reports can be found in the
modules\{moduleName}\target\test-reports, where  moduleName is the
module where the failed test belongs to.

Chinthaka

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Hmmm....mysterious! :)

-- dims

Posted by Hyen V Chung <hy...@us.ibm.com>.
I did a refresh today and the problem is gone. Thank you all for looking
into this.

Thanks,
Henry

             Davanum Srinivas
             <davanum@gmail.co
                                       axis-dev@ws.apache.org
             02/09/2006 12:24                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [axis2]
             Please respond to         org.apache.axis2.engine.Threading
             axis-dev@ws.apach         test case failure
                   e.org

you can cd to modules/integration and run it using:
maven -o -Dtestcase=org.apache.axis2.engine.ThreadingTest test:single

thanks,
dims

On 2/9/06, Hyen V Chung <hy...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Dims, thank yo for trying this using the IBM JDK 5.0.
>
> My ThreadingTest still failed, in fact this is my only failed test case
> now:
>
>     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 4.857 sec
>     [junit] [ERROR] Test org.apache.axis2.engine.ThreadingTest FAILED
>
> I will try to run this standalone and debug more into this.
>
> Thanks,
> Henry
>

>              Davanum Srinivas
>              <davanum@gmail.co
>              m>
>                                        axis-dev@ws.apache.org
>              02/08/2006 07:07
cc
>              PM

Subject

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hyen V Chung <hy...@us.ibm.com>.
Dims, thank yo for trying this using the IBM JDK 5.0.

My ThreadingTest still failed, in fact this is my only failed test case
now:

    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 4.857 sec
    [junit] [ERROR] Test org.apache.axis2.engine.ThreadingTest FAILED

I will try to run this standalone and debug more into this.

Thanks,
Henry

             Davanum Srinivas
             <davanum@gmail.co
                                       axis-dev@ws.apache.org
             02/08/2006 07:07                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [axis2]
             Please respond to         org.apache.axis2.engine.Threading
             axis-dev@ws.apach         test case failure
                   e.org

That specific test works for me with this JVM downloaded from
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/ (part of the eclipse
thing)

java version "1.5.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build pwi32dev-20051104)
IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows XP x86-32
j9vmwi3223-20051103 (JIT enabled)
J9VM - 20051027_03723_lHdSMR
JIT  - 20051027_1437_r8
GC   - 20051020_AA)
JCL  - 20051102

But fails later because of unrestricted security stuff. please see
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/faq.html on what we had to do with SUN's
JDK, we need to find a way to do a similar thing for IBM's JDK.

thanks,
dims

On 2/8/06, Hyen V Chung <hy...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> sure, os = Win XP Pro, jvm = J2RE 1.5.0 IBM Windows 32
>
> Thanks,
> Henry
>

>              Davanum Srinivas
>              <davanum@gmail.co
>              m>
>                                        axis-dev@ws.apache.org
>              02/08/2006 04:14
cc
>              PM

Subject

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hyen V Chung <hy...@us.ibm.com>.
sure, os = Win XP Pro, jvm = J2RE 1.5.0 IBM Windows 32

Thanks,
Henry

             Davanum Srinivas
             <davanum@gmail.co
                                       axis-dev@ws.apache.org
             02/08/2006 04:14                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [axis2]
             Please respond to         org.apache.axis2.engine.Threading
             axis-dev@ws.apach         test case failure
                   e.org

can u please post details on your JVM and your OS etc?

On 2/8/06, Hyen V Chung <hy...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> I did an update this morning and yes, that test case is still failing.
>

> Thanks,
> Henry
>

>              Sanjiva
>              Weerawarana