Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Horne <ho...@yahoo.com.au> on 2001/06/04 09:49:46 UTC

ROOT Directory

I'm running tomcat in proc on IIS/Win2K - it works
fine however I can only get the examples.war to work
when the ROOT.war is also in the webapps directory.
It hangs and I get an error in stderr about not being
able to find a facade manager.

This doesn't seem to make sense to me - does anyone
know what's going on?  My guess is that the context is
not set properly unless an expected directory like
root is also configured.  Thoughts?

Thanks...Pete

PS.  I want to go out on a limb with Tomcat for a
financial services app - does anyone have any
references.  It would good if there was a brand name
company out there willing to tell their story.  Anyone
recommend against it?

=====
Peter S. Horne
horneps@yahoo.com.au