Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Ying Zhou <yz...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/29 19:10:01 UTC

ORC writer

Hi,

I’m interested in writing a binder so that we can write ORC files in Arrow. I likely should contribute mostly to https://github.com/apache/arrow/tree/master/cpp/src/arrow/adapters/orc <https://github.com/apache/arrow/tree/master/cpp/src/arrow/adapters/orc> as well as editing the relevant Python/Cython files, right? Moreover I would like to ask whether there is any existing branch with partly finished work on ORC writers. Thanks!

Ying Zhou

Re: ORC writer

Posted by Micah Kornfield <em...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ying Zhou,
Those sound like the right places for the work to happen.  I'm not aware of
any abandoned attempts at write support.

-Micah