Posted to community@apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 2002/10/27 00:53:53 UTC

intro for ken coar

you may have encountered me more often as the rodent of unusual size.
or maybe not. :-)

i've put a brief blurb about my apache activities online at
<url:http://www.apache.org/~coar/>, but here are the basics:

i've been involved with apache since 1996, i'm on the board
of directors, i'm on four pmcs (httpd, apr, apache commons,
and incubator), i'm the chair of apachecon and of the apache
commons pmc, and i handle humongous amounts of mail for the
foundation (moderating lists, answering apache@apache.org mail,
et cetera).

i'm also working on documenting that nebulous thing that's
been called the 'apache way'.  stay tuned to the incubator
site, where it will show up.  (http://incubator.apache.org/)

i think that being invited to be a committer on an apache
project is an honour, and to be invited to become a member
of the foundation even more so.  both are privileges, not
rights, and are earned through merit.

for anyone mad enough to seek me out, i'm at coar@apache.org
and on the #apache channel (among others) at irc.openprojects.net.
--