Posted to wsrf-user@ws.apache.org by José Antonio Sánchez <ge...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/18 11:18:49 UTC

Problem with singleton service

Hello, I'm trying to implement a factory service in Muse 1.0, so I've
made it a singleton service. To do so I copied the code of the Home in
the enterprise example as follows:

private ServiceManagementPortResource m_resource = null;
    /**
     * Create and add any resource instances.
     *
     * @throws Exception on error
     */
    public void init() throws Exception
    {
        super.init();
        // TODO: Create and add any known resource instances here.
        // If this is home for a singleton service (i.e. a service
that exposes exactly one resource),
        // use null as the resource identifier when creating the instance.
        //String instance1Id = "00000001";

        try
	      {

	         if ( m_resource == null )
	         {
	            m_resource = (ServiceManagementPortResource)
createInstance( null );
	            EndpointReference epr =
	               getEndpointReference( null );
	            m_resource.setEndpointReference( epr );
	            add( m_resource );
	            System.out.println("epr is " + epr.toString());
	         }
	      }
	      catch ( ResourceException e )
	      {
	         throw new ResourceUnknownException(
"ServiceManagementPortResource","ServiceManagementPortResource"
	                                              );
	      }
    }

And in the Resource file I've initialized the resourceid following the
Host example:

public void init()
    {
        super.init();

        /**
		 * The ResourcePropertySet which contains all the defined ResourceProperties
		 */
		org.apache.ws.resource.properties.ResourcePropertySet
resourcePropertySet = getResourcePropertySet();
		org.apache.ws.resource.properties.ResourceProperty resourceProperty = null;

	try{
		// init the {http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsdm/2004/12/muws/wsdm-muws-part1.xsd}ResourceId
Resource Property
		org.apache.ws.muws.MuwsUtils.initResourceIdProperty(this);

		}
	catch (Exception e)
	{
	   throw new javax.xml.rpc.JAXRPCException("There was a problem in
initializing your resource properties.  Please check your init()
method. Cause: " + e.getLocalizedMessage());
	}

	    }

The problem is that when I try to invoke it using the following message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:fs="http://tomas.org/wsdm/ServiceManagement"
xmlns:wsrp="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrf/2004/06/wsrf-WS-ResourceProperties-1.2-draft-01.xsd"
xmlns:wsa="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing">
      <soapenv:Header>
         <wsa:To
soapenv:mustUnderstand="1">http://adapt20:8081/muse/services/ServiceManagementPort</wsa:To>
         <wsa:Action
soapenv:mustUnderstand="1">http://tomas.org/wsdm/ServiceManagement/ServiceManagementPortType/GetServices</wsa:Action>
      </soapenv:Header>
      <soapenv:Body>
         <fs:GetServicesRequest/>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>

I get the response:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
   <soapenv:Envelope
      <soapenv:Body>
         <soapenv:Fault>
            <faultcode>soapenv:Client</faultcode>
            <faultstring>The expected resource identifier reference
parameter named
{http://tomas.org/wsdm/ServiceManagement}ResourceIdentifier was not
found in the SOAP header.</faultstring>
            <detail/>
         </soapenv:Fault>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>

So I think that it does not recognize it as a singleton service. Is
there something more to do to define a singleton service apart from
initializing the resource id as null?

--
Saludos.
José Antonio Sánchez

Re: Problem with singleton service

Posted by José Antonio Sánchez <ge...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. that worked.

Posted by José Antonio Sánchez <ge...@gmail.com>.
That's not supposed to work that way, I think. Normally you create a
factory service because you don't know the ID of a resource so you ask
to a service without ID about the ID of the resource you want.
Also, in the Enterprise example, all the request to the singleton
service comes without ResourceIdentifier.

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.