Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za> on 2008/06/19 18:42:46 UTC

Newbie: Where is the data coming from?

SVN'd ant'd... and it worked first time, well done.

Its made accounts and tons of other stuff in derby, I'm just wondering how?
Where did that data come from, and if I want to add an account and perform
the same magic, where do I put that data... so it also populates derby or
postgres like the ofbiz did?

Thanks

Re: Newbie: Where is the data coming from?

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
Few more details :-

See the entitydef folder of any component.

entitymodel.xml files that are present in each component(for eg :-
accounting,content) to define the entities.
This entities are grouped into entitygroup.xml and this file also present in
each component.

In the entitygroup.xml all the entities are grouped into the "group"
attribute of <entity-group> tag.
In most of the entitygroup.xml file entities are grouped into "org.ofbiz"
group.
For eg :- <entity-group group="org.ofbiz" entity="Budget" />

These groups are called from entityengine.xml to put the definition of all
the entities into particular database.
See the code sample shown below that is taken from entityengine.xml file :-

    <delegator name="default" entity-model-reader="main"
entity-group-reader="main" entity-eca-reader="main"
distributed-cache-clear-enabled="false">
        <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz" datasource-name="localderby"/>
        <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz.olap"
datasource-name="localderbyolap"/>
    </delegator>

In the above code <group-map> tag calls the group "org.ofbiz" and sends the
definition of all the entities comes inside it to localderby database.

Please let us know if you need more assistance on this :-)

--
Ashish

Posted by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za>.
> in every ofbiz component there is a "data" folder that contains several
> XML
> files.
> See for example:
> \ofbiz\applications\accounting\data\AccountingSecurityData.xml
>
> These files defines the entity records that must be created.
>
> In order to be loaded in the database, a data file must be referenced in
> the
> component ofbiz-componet.xml file with a line like this:
>    <entity-resource type="data" reader-name="seed" loader="main"
> location="data/UsTaxAccountGroups.xml"/>
>
> This line associates the data xml file to a "reader".
> Some reader like "seed", "ext", "demo" are already defined and loaded with
> the various ant option (like run-install-seed or run-install-extseed).
> More readers can be defined by the user in custom components.
>
> Hope this helps,
> -Bruno

Yes I see it, quite a system, thanks....

Re: Newbie: Where is the data coming from?

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
Johnny,