Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jacob Thomas <jt...@vitria.com> on 2001/06/20 04:04:32 UTC

Switching to Struts 1.0 (final) struts.jar yields error on Tomcat 3.2.1

I have been developing on Struts with a beta1 struts.jar taken from a
nightly build dated around 4/13/01.

When switching to the new struts.jar (size: 326441 bytes) from the 1.0 final
release, got the following error in the error page of a JSP:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: cant remove Attributes from request
scope at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.removeAttribute(PageContextImpl.ja
va:236) at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doEndTag(FormTag.java:591)
at user._0002fuser_0002ffrontPage_0002ejspfrontPage_jsp_31._jspService

The error goes away after switching back to the older struts.jar (size:
287653 bytes). No other changes were needed. Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.
--
Thanks
Jacob

Re: Switching to Struts 1.0 (final) struts.jar yields error on Tomcat 3.2.1

Posted by Levi Cook <le...@papajo.com>.
Hi Jacob,

Sounds like you're lucky enough to be running one of IBM's, not quite J2EE
web container's..

There's actually been quite a bit of activity on the list about this issue.

For a starting point check:
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg09580.html

Regards,
Levi Cook