Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Zulfi Khan <zu...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2022/03/18 23:30:52 UTC

How to create JDialog derived class using Apache Netbeans ID 13

How to createSampleDialog class derived from JDialog implemnting ActionListener

 I want to create a JDialog derived class implementing ActionListener. The code is given below:

class SampleDialog extends JDialog implements ActionListener{
    JTextField tf1 = new JTextField(10);
    SampleDialog(JFrame parent, String title){
        super(parent, title, false);
        setLayout(new FlowLayout());
        setSize(300, 200);
        setTitle("OOP Project Spring, 2019, TTU");
        JButton addBtn = new JButton("Add");
        add(addBtn);
        add(tf1);
        addBtn.addActionListener(this);
    }
 public    void actionPerformed(ActionEvent evnt){
        String str = tf1.getText();
   JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "Text Field Contained" + str);
    }
}

My application name is MenuDlg. I am cliclking on its icon but it shows me the option to create a Jframe class, Java class, java package, Java interface and so on but there is no option to create the JDialog derived class   implementing actionListener. Please guide me. I want to execute the SampleDialog using a menuitem.
Please guide me.
I can't take the screen shot when I am opening the Project->New->popup dialog box.
Zulfi.

Re: How to create JDialog derived class using Apache Netbeans ID 13

Posted by antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi Zulfi,

You can take a look at the following tutorials:

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/components/dialog.html
https://netbeans.apache.org/kb/docs/java/gui-functionality.html

Hope this helps,
Antonio