Posted to user@avro.apache.org by amit nanda <am...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/20 19:05:37 UTC

avro_file_writer_sync

Hi,

I see this function avro_file_writer_sync in the io,h file in Avro C
Library, what does this function does.

I am facing *Invalid Sync! *for some of the files, can this function help
me in that?

Thanks
Amit

Re: avro_file_writer_sync

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Read more about sync markers in the specification part that explains
the data file format:
http://avro.apache.org/docs/current/spec.html#Object+Container+Files

I don't think the call helps with your situation though - that error
is usually seen for badly written/produced avro data files, or
possibly cause of some specific bug. I've asked for more details on
your other thread.

--
Harsh J

Re: avro_file_writer_sync