Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Pierre Goupil <go...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/02 02:21:59 UTC

Turning JSPs into Excel files

Hello, all !

I have a webapp with different views managed by JSP. Now, I need to turn
some into Excel files. Is there an handy way to do so in Struts ?

Struts 1.3, Tomcat 5.5 & Java 5 are used.

Cheers,

Pierre

--
"Mon horizon était désormais les pétales courbés,
Ma nouvelle demeure resplendissait de flèches d'herbes folles

(Naïmah, le philosophe Fémereif)

Re: Turning JSPs into Excel files

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.
Pierre Goupil wrote:
> Do you mean that the only way is to generate a file by hand ? No help
> from
> Struts ?
Jasper reports [1] may suit you.  The S2 jasper reports plugin gives you
a little bit of help, but not really.  There's no 'automatically make
this JSP an XLS file' solution.

If you're just rendering a table of data, if you use displagtag [2] you
can include a link for the user to export the table as cvs, xls, pdf etc.

[1] http://jasperforge.org/sf/projects/jasperreports
[2] http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/11/

Re: Turning JSPs into Excel files

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
You will need to create a Microsoft Compound Document
Please review the POI website for development and operation characteristics
at
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/

Bon Chance!
Martin--