Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Martin Cooper <ma...@tumbleweed.com> on 2001/07/08 00:30:26 UTC

Re: Is there any way to start struts tag in heade.jsp and end it in f ooter.jsp??

I'm not sure I understand. If all you have at the top is the start of a
logic tag, and all you have at the end is the end of that tag, why would you
want to pull those out into separate files? Or am I not understanding what
you want to do?

In any case, the whole tag has to be in a single JSP page. If you really
need to put them in separate files, you can use the include directive to
include them at compile time, like this:

<%@ include file="header.inc" %>

You can't use the include tag to do this dynamically, though, because each
JSP page has to be compiled into its own servlet. Breaking the tag across
pages leaves you with illegal syntax for those servlets.

--
Martin Cooper