Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Janice <ja...@shaw.ca> on 2003/11/06 18:53:36 UTC

wanted: library for making one jsp page work for many forms

Hi Gang,

I'm going to be developing a couple of applications in struts, which I am
new to.  I will need dozens of simple forms for maintaining things like code
tables in the database.  It seems silly to me to have a distinct .jsp page
for each of these forms.  I was wanting to build one .jsp page that would
handle a number of these forms for me.  I imagine I could build a custom tag
library for this.

However, never being one to re-invent the wheel, I thought I'd ask first
whether this is a standard extension/library already, or if someone has code
they'd like to share.

I'm also looking for a similar solution for a .jsp page that displays a list
of codes and values, with links to an edit or delete form.

Thanks in advance,

Re: wanted: library for making one jsp page work for many forms

Posted by MB...@cpaglobal.com.
Has anyone come up with a way of doing this?

Mike

|         |           Janice           |
|         |           <janice-j@shaw.ca|
|         |           >                |
|         |           06/11/2003 05:53 |
|         |           "Struts Users    |
|         |           Mailing List"    |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                |
  |       To:       struts-user@jakarta.apache.org                                                                                 |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                      |
  |       Subject:  wanted: library for making one jsp page work for many forms                                                    |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi Gang,

I'm going to be developing a couple of applications in struts, which I am
new to.  I will need dozens of simple forms for maintaining things like
code
tables in the database.  It seems silly to me to have a distinct .jsp page
for each of these forms.  I was wanting to build one .jsp page that would
handle a number of these forms for me.  I imagine I could build a custom
tag
library for this.

However, never being one to re-invent the wheel, I thought I'd ask first
whether this is a standard extension/library already, or if someone has
code
they'd like to share.

I'm also looking for a similar solution for a .jsp page that displays a
list
of codes and values, with links to an edit or delete form.

Thanks in advance,

privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee; access to this
email by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient: (1) you are kindly requested
to return a copy of this message to the sender indicating that you
have received it in error, and to destroy the received copy; and (2)
any disclosure or distribution of this message, as well as any action
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on its content, is prohibited
and may be unlawful.

Re: wanted: library for making one jsp page work for many forms

Posted by MB...@cpaglobal.com.
I am working on a similar kin of solution, where you only code the Business
Objects (in xml) once. This
will then generate the lists/edits/deletes/search etc.. at runtime. We have
this framework currently working
in another language, i was hoping there would be a struts equivalent

Mike

|         |           Janice           |
|         |           <janice-j@shaw.ca|
|         |           06/11/2003 05:53 |
|         |           "Struts Users    |
|         |           Mailing List"    |