Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by beans lee <be...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/29 04:35:59 UTC

add nodes failed with "Puppet agent ping failed: , error=111"

HI, I am trying to deploy a new cluster on centos 6.2 with ambari 0.9
and I keep getting error on the step of "ADD NODES".
the logs show :
Reason: Puppet agent ping failed: , error=111, outputLogs=Puppet agent
ping failed: [Connection refused]

I have configured FQDN of all nodes in /etc/hosts of each nodeSELinux
and iptables are disabled

SSH can logon each node without typing password

Please can you help identify the issue.

thanks very much!!

Re: add nodes failed with "Puppet agent ping failed: , error=111"

Posted by Jitendra Pandey <ji...@hortonworks.com>.
  Please check if the agent is running. Puppet client listens on port 8139,
that post should be open.
If puppet agent couldn't start for some reason, we should look at puppet
logs on the agent (/var/log/puppet...)

--
<http://hortonworks.com/download/>