Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dave Belfer-Shevett <db...@homeport.org> on 2005/09/22 18:54:40 UTC

Arbitrary object types in a Document request?

Hi folks, the project is moving along thanks to help from the list.  My
next question is what's the proper procedure for encoding arbitrary
types in a SOAP request?  I'd like to call axis from my Java app and get
a structured complex object back (in this case, the object is a 'Task').
When I call now, I'm getting:

 faultString: java.io.IOException: No serializer found for class
com.arete.JQuo.Task in registry
org.apache.axis.encoding.TypeMappingDelegate@154c08a

Which makes sense... I thought I could tell my client to return
'wahtever it is' in a soap document, thusly:

System.out.println("Calling 'Task' webservice method 'getTask'...");
call.removeAllParameters();
call.addParameter("getTask", org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_LONG,
ParameterMode.IN);
			call.setReturnType(org.apache.axis.Constants.SOAP_DOCUMENT);
call.setOperationName(new QName("getTask"));
call.setOperationStyle(Style.DOCUMENT);
call.setOperationUse(Use.LITERAL);
Task testMe = (Task)call.invoke(new Object[] { new Long(5) } ) ;

But no dice?

Thanks again, the list has been VERY helpful...

	-dbs