Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org> on 2018/01/30 22:45:10 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] New Phoenix committer: Pedro Boado

On behalf of the Apache Phoenix PMC, I'm please to announce that Pedro
Boado has accepted our invitation to become a committer. He's jumped in and
saved the HBase 1.2 branch from EOL by volunteering to be the release
manager [1], has diligently kept the branch in sync with master [2],
revived our community's desire for CDH compatibility by porting the
required changes to the new CDH branch [3], modified our release scripts to
build a parcels directory for easy consumption by Cloudera Manager [4], and
successfully RMed our first CDH-compatible release [5]. Fantastic job,
Pedro!

Please give Pedro a warm welcome to the team!

    James

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e4312e2cb329a35979576f132d0d723e0b022e45ce9083b3cae4abe5@%3Cuser.phoenix.apache.org%3E
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-4461
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-4372
[4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-4444
[5]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e51576bf9bac5100e0f12ddb93e469cb35bfa9c80e73922df635ad12@%3Cuser.phoenix.apache.org%3E

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Phoenix committer: Pedro Boado

Posted by Pedro Boado <pb...@apache.org>.
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Posted by Vincent Poon <vi...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Pedro!