Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2018/06/06 12:59:42 UTC

Any Webdesigners with some free time within the group of our plc4x list readers?

Hi all, (BCCing some people I know in this sector … )

I just pushed a new branch „feature/site-generation-fixes”.

This contains a patched asciidoctor-maven-plugin that now allows removing all hacks from our site-generation build.
Also I have started a pull-request for these changes in the original plugin, but until that’s accepted and a new version is released, we can use this version.

Another Problem we are having, is that we are stuck to the maven site plugin 3.4 because our current skin relies on an old version of the Doxia framework.
I tried having a look at the reflow-maven-skin, but making it Doxia 1.8+ compatible would be quite a challenge. And as it still relies on Bootstrap 2.x (which is ancient).
So I thought it would be a good idea to use something new.

That’s why I also created a new maven site skin module in “utils/site-skin” which generates a site using up to date dependencies and plugins.

Unfortunately the output is ugly as hell and as I know my webdesigner-super-powers … if I do it’ it will be even worse ;-)

So if someone here would like to spend some time in beautifying this skin, I would be super happy. Even if it is just providing feedback on which are the new cool ways to do it
(And no: Apache Royale probably wouldn’t be an option as we’re not generating single-page apps ;-)  )

Chris