Posted to dev@submarine.apache.org by Kevin Su <pi...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/04 06:22:19 UTC

[VOTE] Submarine-0.5.0-RC3 is ready for a vote!

Hi folks,

Thanks to everyone's help on this release. Special thanks to Wangda,

Zhankun, Xun, Wei-Chiu, Wanqiang, Ryan, Manikandan, and JohnTing!

I've created a release candidate (RC3) for submarine 0.5.0. The highlighted

features are as follows:

1. Submarine Experiments: Redefined the experiment spec, sync up code from
Git, it could be HTTP and ssh

2. Predefined experiment template: Register A experiment template and
submit related parameter to run an experiment using Rest API

3. Environment profile: Users could easily manage their docker image and
conda environment

4. Jupyter Notebook: Spawn a jupyter notebook using Rest API, and execute
ML code on K8s, or submit an experiment to submarine server

5. Submarine Workbench UI: CRUD Experiment, Environment, Notebook through
the UI

6. Disable interpreter module

The RC tag in git is here:
https://github.com/apache/submarine/releases/tag/release-0.5.0-RC3
The RC release artifacts are available at:
http://home.apache.org/~pingsutw/submarine-0.5.0-RC3

The mini-submarine image is here:
https://hub.docker.com/layers/apache/submarine/mini-0.5.0-RC3/images/sha256-e3248c8c6336b245539028043783b91135eaffe9302dec05fe13571a0f2902a6?context=explore

The server image is here:
https://hub.docker.com/layers/apache/submarine/server-0.5.0/images/sha256-1805df8fd8e5274d16be8cdf39900d8576119c0caac7598db29990ebe138bf5c?context=explore

The database image is here:
https://hub.docker.com/layers/apache/submarine/database-0.5.0/images/sha256-073889e773c1b44cef9f518dc2fc468ebc420200f6087e2a943438677dadc9e5?context=explore

The Jupyter Notebook image is here:
https://hub.docker.com/layers/apache/submarine/jupyter-notebook-0.5.0/images/sha256-f3cc2510c208b752ef4be7b383ee8f2325e4fc538696078bdb604d62fa47e4be?context=explore

The Maven staging repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesubmarine-1028

My public key is here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/submarine/KEYS

*This vote will run for 7 days, ending on Dec 10, 2020, at 11:59 pm PST.*

For the testing, I have verified the

1. Build from source, Run the mnist on Hadoop

2. Example with mini-submarine(both local and remote mode)

3. Verified the experiment operations to K8s by Submarine Server REST and
PySubmarine.

4. Workbench UI (experiment, environment, notebook)

5. HTTP sync code in the experiment

6. Environment profile REST API

7. Notebook REST API

Please follow the document to test these features.
* https://github.com/apache/submarine/tree/master/dev-support/mini-submarine
* https://github.com/apache/submarine/blob/master/docs/user-guide-home.md

My +1 to start. Thanks!

BR,
Kevin Su

Re: [VOTE] Submarine-0.5.0-RC3 is ready for a vote!

Posted by Wanqiang Ji <ji...@apache.org>.
+1 Thanks Kevin for the great drive. I've played on my local minikube and
kind, runs well.

BR,
Wanqiang Ji

Posted by Wanqiang Ji <ji...@apache.org>.