Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/05 02:17:09 UTC

Spark 1.5.1 - Scala 2.10 - Hadoop 1 package is missing from S3

I’m looking here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/spark-related-packages/

I believe this is where one set of official packages is published. Please
correct me if this is not the case.

It appears that almost every version of Spark up to and including 1.5.0 has
included a --bin-hadoop1.tgz release (e.g. spark-1.5.0-bin-hadoop1.tgz).

However, 1.5.1 has no such package. There is a
spark-1.5.1-bin-hadoop1-scala2.11.tgz package, but this is a separate
thing. (1.5.0 also has a hadoop1-scala2.11 package.)

Was this intentional?

More importantly, is there some rough specification for what packages we
should be able to expect in this S3 bucket with every release?

This is important for those of us who depend on this publishing venue (e.g.
spark-ec2 and related tools).

Nick
​

Re: Spark 1.5.1 - Scala 2.10 - Hadoop 1 package is missing from S3

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
This is about the s3.amazonaws.com files, not dist.apache.org right?
or does it affect both?

(BTW you can keep as many old release artifacts around on the
apache.org archives as you like; I think the suggestion is to remove
all but the most recent releases from the set that's replicated to all
the Apache mirrors.)

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good to me.

For my purposes, I'm less concerned about old Spark artifacts and more
concerned about the consistency of the set of artifacts that get generated
with new releases. (e.g. Each new release will always include one artifact
each for Hadoop 1, Hadoop 1 + Scala 2.11, etc...)

It sounds like we can expect that set to stay the same with new releases
for now, but it's not a hard guarantee. I think that's fine for now.

Nick

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 9:59 AM, Nicholas Chammas <nicholas.chammas@gmail.com

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.