Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com> on 2009/07/13 18:41:03 UTC

Re: Streaming uploading and downloading of big files with Struts, using Common File Upload API

I made an attempt at making file uploading capabilities more
pluggable. There is a beta fileupload plugin with info here -

http://cwiki.apache.org/S2PLUGINS/advanced-fileupload-plugin.html

Be aware, you will have to build a snapshot of struts since it depends
on changes that were made after the 2.1.6 release.

There really isn't much to using it, it is mostly backward compatible
with the built-in multipart handler. You just have more configuration
options if you use this plugin. Plus, if you look at the
struts-plugin.xml file, you can see that there is an action where you
can request a json string for status of currently executing uploads.
This way, you could conceivably build a somewhat accurate statusbar.

Check it out and give feedback, that's what'll make it better :)

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice