Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dave Hodder <dm...@dmh.org.uk> on 2002/03/19 00:09:39 UTC

XHTML support in default install?

Hi,

I was basically wondering what the situation is with Apache (both 1.3
and 2.0) following the recent RFC 3236 (the 'application/xhtml+xml'
media type registration).

Am I right in thinking the default configuration files don't yet
register the new MIME type?  Are there plans to add them?

The changes that should (IMHO) be made are:

  1) The two new file extensions need to be registered inside the
     'mime.types' file:

         application/xhtml+xml		xhtml xht

  2) The DirectoryIndex directive inside httpd.conf should include the
     file 'index.xhtml', e.g.:

         DirectoryIndex index.xhtml index.html

Many thanks,

Dave