Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/05 05:50:31 UTC

A Presentation on Building a Hadoop + Lucene System Architecture

Hey all,

I just wanted to send a link to a presentation I made on how my
company is building its entire core BI infrastructure around Hadoop,
HBase, Lucene, and more. It features a decent amount of practical
advice: from rules for approaching scalability problems, to why we
chose certain aspects of the Hadoop Ecosystem. Perhaps you can use it
as justification for their decisions, or as a jumping-off point to
utilizing it in the real world.

I hope you find it helpful! You can catch it at my blog:
http://www.roadtofailure.com . There's also a few inflammatory
articles, such as "Social Media Kills the RDBMS".

Ask me if you have any questions :)

--
http://www.hadoopconsulting.com -- Making Hadoop and your web apps
that use it scale

Re: A Presentation on Building a Hadoop + Lucene System Architecture

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.
Yes, we do index generation with Hadoop, and search with Katta, which
is distributed Lucene :) What are you trying to do?

Posted by "m.harig" <m....@gmail.com>.
Hello