Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Eko S.W." <sw...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/17 12:31:47 UTC

What is the Quick Start to start AJAX in T5 ???

I quite confused.
And wondering.
How can I start AJAX in T5???

What is the option?
How can I integrate ... (CMIIW) Dojo/Sciptaculuous/etc/etc/

Can anyone point me to the right direction regarding AJAX in T5?
Say, I would like to create Pop Up Form, Dynamically changing Table, etc,
etc.

Thanks in advance!!!
--
Best wishes,
Eko SW

Re: What is the Quick Start to start AJAX in T5 ???

Posted by "Eko S.W." <sw...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!
As for Maven way, I do it by using Appfuse to download all the required
dependencies.

For AJAX parts, maybe I just fix to catch up with T5...

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
>From what I last read from Howard, "The AJAX story is yet to be
written, everything up till now has been positioning", or something
like that.

Sorry, I wish I could have jumped from Tap 4.0 to Tap 5 and gained
AJAX functionality as well. =)

Howard recommended 4.1 for people that need AJAX stuff now.  And I've
read that Jesse felt a little guilty regarding the bait-and-switch
nature of the 4.1.x series -- seems like you end up needing 4.1.2
snapshots in order to get some of the fixes.  And in order to keep up
with everyone else, it seemed like the way to go was to integrate
maven to download all the necessary dependencies/versions.

It was a bit of a pain to get it to play nice with my existing
project, Eclipse WTP, and Tomcat (loading from workspace), but it was
worth it.  Only took me a week or so! =/