Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Philip Persad <ph...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/11 23:02:59 UTC

Non-extended character Pascal Strings while parsing RevisionMarkAuthorTable

Hello All,

I'm using POI 3.9.

While parsing the RevisionMarkAuthorTable of a word document
(HWPFDocument:368), I get an UnsupportedOperationException with the
message "Non-extended character Pascal strings are not supported right
now. Please, contact POI developers for update."  I need not be asked
twice!

The exception is being thrown in the SttbUtils class.This issue arose
after upgrading from and internally patched version of POI 3.5 to 3.9.
 In my use case, I do not really care about the contents of the
RevisionMarkAuthorTable so I've just commented that section out of the
HWPFDocument constructor.  For general use, however, it seems like
there should be some exception handling to prevent the entire document
construction from being wiped out by an unsupported string in a table
that most users probably aren't interested in.

Thanks,

-Phil