Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Andre <an...@fucs.org> on 2017/02/26 01:12:22 UTC

Quick question on LICENSE/NOTICE when bundling controllers and processors

Hi there,

Quick question on proper licensing:

When bundling Processors, Services and APIs, where should the NOTICES and
LICENSES be added to?

The PR in question is https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/1541

My current reading is that all NAR levels will have to include the proper
references (although I may reduce a bit of the dependencies by excluding
some of the deeper dependencies, specially at the
nifi-irc-client-service-api-nar ).

Would you agree?

Cheers

Re: Quick question on LICENSE/NOTICE when bundling controllers and processors

Posted by James Wing <jv...@gmail.com>.
It may already be in the Licensing Guide (
https://nifi.apache.org/licensing-guide.html).  I'll have to read it again
to identify net-new material.  I'll open a PR if there is.

Thanks,

James

Posted by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com>.
Joe,

Posted by James Wing <jv...@gmail.com>.
Yes, thank you, that does help.  I'm slowly sneaking up on an understanding
of how it works.

James

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Wing <jv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Afonso Murakami <mu...@icloud.com>.
Thank you for reply so quick I just start and really do not know exactly what I’m doing and I need a lot’s material to read and reference so I can understand better what I’m doing it again thank’s for the email.

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
Hey Andre,

Posted by Afonso Murakami <mu...@icloud.com>.