Posted to user@struts.apache.org by cpanon <cp...@yahoo.com> on 2008/07/29 14:08:13 UTC

struts record output and entry

Hello
I am having a difficult time designing and implementing an interaction of displaying and accepting user input of multiple records at once.  I can create a collection of records, but records are complex, composed of other objects that are themselves composed of text strings that I want rendered as either simple html input boxes, checkboxes or radio.  I have a sense that I need to use the iterate to get iterate over the total collection, but how do I record by record render the html input elements.  Furthermore what do these look like to the action that will receive the post?  A simpler version of this is being done on shopping carts a checkbox on each line, but that may be hard coded.  Is the way I need it even possible with struts 1.1?

RE: struts record output and entry

Posted by "Givler, Eric" <eg...@state.pa.us>.
In order to get a grasp of this, it would be helpful if you read the following:

Succeeding With Struts: Dynaforms
By James M. Turner
http://www.developer.com/java/web/article.php/2214681

Succeeding With Struts: Indexed Properties and Beans as Properties
By James M. Turner
http://www.developer.com/java/ejb/article.php/2233591

Succeeding With Struts: Dynamically Sized Forms
By James M. Turner
http://www.developer.com/java/ejb/article.php/10931_3321521_1

Succeeding with Struts: Dynamically Allocated Forms
By James Turner
http://www.developer.com/java/ent/article.php/10933_3567701_1

Have fun!
Eric