Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Lee Parker <le...@socialagency.com> on 2010/05/03 20:30:41 UTC

debian packages

Is there a reason why the jvm options are so different in the debian version
from the standard cassandra.in.sh?  The following lines are completely
missing from the init script:
        -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 \
        -XX:+AggressiveOpts \
        -XX:+UseParNewGC \
        -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC \
        -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled \
        -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError \
        -XX:SurvivorRatio=128 \
        -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=0 \

I see these in the JVM_EXTRA_OPS line of /etc/defaults/cassandra, but I
don't see where this data is actually passed into the jvm in the init
script.  Am I missing something?

Lee Parker

Re: debian packages

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.
On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 14:39 -0500, Lee Parker wrote:
> Thanks.  I'll apply the patch.  I'm not real familiar with the JVM
> options, but I assume that on a production machine I should remove
> -Xdebug and the -Xrunjdwp options.

Yes.

--
Eric Evans