Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Warner Onstine <wa...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/29 00:51:18 UTC

new cglib configuration/usage

Ok, So I finally got things converted to ojb-1.1.0 (is this correct,
that's what gets built) and I went through OJB.properties and changed
our relevant properties to match what was in cvs head. I also set the
first test descriptor to proxy="dynamic" and for good measure where it
was referenced proxy="true". However it doesn't appear to be working.
I have since tried it on other classes with the same results (ie -
same number of queries being executed).

So, I'm wondering if I'm missing a setting somewhere or if I need to
declare something else in the descriptor.

I added in these two lines into the OJB.properties file:
ProxyFactoryClass=org.apache.ojb.broker.core.proxy.ProxyFactoryCGLIBImpl
IndirectionHandlerClass=org.apache.ojb.broker.core.proxy.IndirectionHandlerCGLIBImpl
(it looks like the last one isn't necessary, but when it failed to
work I added in the second line in addition to the first).

Thanks again for the help in getting this working.

-warner

Re: new cglib configuration/usage

Posted by Warner Onstine <wa...@gmail.com>.
On 10/29/05, Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/29/05, Warner Onstine <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ok, So I finally got things converted to ojb-1.1.0 (is this correct,
> > that's what gets built) and I went through OJB.properties and changed
> > our relevant properties to match what was in cvs head. I also set the
> > first test descriptor to proxy="dynamic" and for good measure where it
> > was referenced proxy="true". However it doesn't appear to be working.
> > I have since tried it on other classes with the same results (ie -
> > same number of queries being executed).
>
> OJB 1.1.0 is CVS Head, you probably want to checkout the
> OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch which is the upcoming 1.0.4 rc.

Thanks I'll check that out shortly.

> > So, I'm wondering if I'm missing a setting somewhere or if I need to
> > declare something else in the descriptor.
> >
> > I added in these two lines into the OJB.properties file:
> > ProxyFactoryClass=org.apache.ojb.broker.core.proxy.ProxyFactoryCGLIBImpl
> > IndirectionHandlerClass=org.apache.ojb.broker.core.proxy.IndirectionHandlerCGLIBImpl
> > (it looks like the last one isn't necessary, but when it failed to
> > work I added in the second line in addition to the first).
>
> Both are needed, I think.
>
> The question is, what queries are generated. If they are for primary
> keys only, then you're probably at the minimum already. Could you post
> the significant part of the classes, repository, usage code and the
> generated queries ?

After debugging it does appear that the proxies are getting generated,
but seeing some strangeness. Trying to nail down some performance
figures and also see what is causing some weird exception.

Thanks for the help! Really do appreciate it.

-warner

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.