Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Stimac, Chris" <cs...@enporion.com> on 2003/04/29 00:25:19 UTC

Can't get request.tomcatAuthentication=false to work...

Hey -

Well, after perusing the archives, I seem to be the only one for whom the magic "request.tomcatAuthentication=false" does not work. getRemoteUser is still null.

Apache 2.0.44
mod_auth_sspi 1.0.1
mod_jk2 2.0.2
Tomcat 4.1.18
Win2k

Anyone have any ideas?  Something else that I can't see that I'm doing wrong (have misconfigured?).  And yes, the auth is working for requests not going thru TC.
Here's my jk2.properties file (mostly copied from the standard how-to that floats around)

# Set the desired handler list
#handler.list=apr,request,channelJni
#
# Override the default port for the socketChannel
# channelSocket.port=8019
# Default:
# channelUnix.file=${jkHome}/work/jk2.socket
# Just to check if the the config  is working
shm.file=c:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/logs/jk2.shm

# In order to enable jni use any channelJni directive
channelJni.disabled = 0
# And one of the following directives:

# apr.jniModeSo=/opt/apache2/modules/mod_jk2.so

# If set to inprocess the mod_jk2 will Register natives itself
# This will enable the starting of the Tomcat from mod_jk2
apr.jniModeSo=inprocess

# In order to allow Apache's Basic Auth to pass thru Tomcat
request.tomcatAuthentication=false

TIA,
CRS

The information contained in this communication may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure.  It is intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately, and then delete/destroy this document.

Re: Can't get request.tomcatAuthentication=false to work...

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
Well, to answer it would still depend on you're "httpd.conf" file.  With
tomcatAuthentication="false", you have to configure Apache to require
authentication to the protected pages (and, is largely why this option is
"true" by default).

om...