Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Muzinich, Mike" <Mu...@losrios.edu> on 2012/09/06 02:11:32 UTC

[users@httpd] Problems with enabling LDAP support in version 2.4.3

I unpacked the httpd archive, added apr-1.4.6, and apr-util-1.4.1 to the srclib directory under apr and apr-util and ran ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 --enable-authnz-ldap --enable-ldap --with-included-apr.  The following is displayed.  I have read some awful posts with "solutions" to this.  Don't waste your time as none of them worked.  What am I missing or is this a bug with 2.4.3?

checking for ldap support in apr/apr-util... no
configure: WARNING: apr/apr-util is compiled without ldap support
checking whether to enable mod_authnz_ldap... configure: error: mod_authnz_ldap has been requested but can not be built due to prerequisite failures

Mike Muzinich
Network Security Administrator
Los Rios Community College District
mike.muzinich@losrios.edu
(916)568-3013

Re: [users@httpd] Problems with enabling LDAP support in version 2.4.3

Posted by "Muzinich, Mike" <Mu...@losrios.edu>.
Thanks.  That resolved the problem.  It sure would be nice if Apache would put that option in the help output.

./configure --help | grep ldap
  --enable-authnz-ldap    LDAP based authentication
  --enable-ldap           LDAP caching and connection pooling services

From: Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 5:15 PM
To: "users@httpd.apache.org<ma...@httpd.apache.org>" <us...@httpd.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Problems with enabling LDAP support in version 2.4.3

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Muzinich, Mike <Mu...@losrios.edu>> wrote:
I unpacked the httpd archive, added apr-1.4.6, and apr-util-1.4.1 to the
srclib directory under apr and apr-util and ran ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/apache2 --enable-authnz-ldap --enable-ldap
--with-included-apr.  The following is displayed.  I have read some awful
posts with "solutions" to this.  Don't waste your time as none of them
worked.  What am I missing or is this a bug with 2.4.3?

checking for ldap support in apr/apr-util... no
configure: WARNING: apr/apr-util is compiled without ldap support
checking whether to enable mod_authnz_ldap... configure: error:
mod_authnz_ldap has been requested but can not be built due to prerequisite
failures

Add --with-ldap.  I think --enable-ldap* (httpd) doesn't imply
--with-ldap (passed to bundled apr-util).

Re: [users@httpd] Problems with enabling LDAP support in version 2.4.3

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.