Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Karthick S <ka...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/25 09:09:40 UTC

Can ATS cache https requests?

Hi All,

Can ATS cache https requests?

Regards,
Karthick

Re: Can ATS cache https requests?

Posted by "Alan M. Carroll" <am...@network-geographics.com>.
Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 2:50:49 AM, you wrote:

> Am 26.11.2013 04:36, schrieb Karthick S:
>> My use case is "Orgin Server <-> ATS (encrypted), and ATS <->Client (unencrypted)". I wanted to configure ATS for
>> this use case. Will this keep the https response in cache?

> besides SSL between the servers and no encryption to the client makes pretty
> no sense at all *no it will not* because it is the other way around

That depends - if you are using ATS as a forward proxy it could well be that the ATS <-> origin server link is on the Internet and needs to be encrypted while the ATS <-> UA link is on a local network and doesn't require that.

I think you should be able to do this. As long as ATS sees the traffic unencrypted it should be able to cache it. I know that ATS will do outbound SSL (to the origin server) so I would certainly give it a try.

Re: Can ATS cache https requests?

Posted by Shu Kit Chan <ch...@gmail.com>.
You can take a look here and see if this is helpful.
https://trafficserver.readthedocs.org/en/latest/admin/security-options.en.html#traffic-server-and-origin-server-connections

Thanks.

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.

Posted by Karthick S <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Reindl Harald,

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.

Posted by Karthick S <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Igor,
I am new to this SSL concept. You said that "If it's terminating them, then
yes, otherwise no". Which means if the Client/Traffic Server SSL
termination enabled only then the https response will be cache or not? Can
you please elaborate it?

Regards,
karthick

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.